Thursday, July 8, 2010

First Day of Classes...

Today started out quite early. I woke up at about 7 and got ready to head to breakfast. We all ate together in this small room that had kind of like a "continental" styled breakfast laid out. There was dry sugar-less cereal, cocktail fruit, chocolate pastries, ham, cheese, and croissants...my kind of breakfast with all this bread!! haha. After breakfast I headed back to my room to brush my teeth and grab my things for class. Class is on the 3rd floor of the same building where we sleep, which makes it very convenient. Class was alright, but kind of long because we only discussed introductions to each class. So far our schedule looks like this:

8:30am - 9:45am Class 1 (Dr. Bradford)
9:45am - 10:00am Break
10:00am - 11:15am Class 2 (Prof. Watson)
11:15am - 12:00pm Lunch
12:00pm - 1:15pm Class 2 (Prof. Watson)
1:15pm - 1:30pm Break
1:30pm - 2:45pm Class 1 (Dr. Bradford)

To meet the requirements for the two courses we have to have 4 classes a day on weekdays...It may sound bad, but it's really not, it goes by pretty fast. Class isn't bad except for the fact that the French don't believe in air conditioning apparently. So if you're ever tired in class it's a problem because the room starts to get warm. However, one of the girls near the windows discovered the miracle of opening them, so after feeling that fresh air you wake right up! haha

After class I went back down to the grocery store/mall place to get a few essentials that I was still missing (toilette paper, paper towels, water). I went with Alex, Alan, Daniel and John. It's really fun and interesting going to the market and hearing and seeing all of the French words. We revisited the woman at the bakery from yesterday, who seemed glad that we finally figured out how to use our coins for Euros haha (We were struggling because we were used to the paper money and didn't realize there were whole Euros in coins). We met Dr. Bradford and Professor Watson at the mall and they offered to give us a ride back, which was amazing because our bags were pretty heavy! Now I'm back in my room and it's almost 6pm our time. Alex and I were talking with the boys and think we're going to go out to dinner downtown since we didn't get to last night. Hopefully I'll have some more to post after dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment